What are the reasons for hair loss?
Often the cause of the situation when your hair falls down too much can be their poor treatment. It is not only about using too many cosmetics without a good reason, but also about bonding hair too tight wearing some hairstyles ("horse tail", bun). Another reason can be connected with exposing the scalp and hair to strong sunlight or high temperatures of the dryer, straightener and curling iron. However, harmful external factors damage only the "stem" of the hair – the part above the surface of the skin, and not the hair follicle itself. If the follicle is healthy, then the hair that falls out will grow back, but it is worth strengthening them with various nutrients.
Apart from external reasons for excessive hair loss, there can be internal ones too. These reasons are mainly and most often connected with hormones. If there are some problems within your body hormones that affect your hair growth – there is a huge problem. There is much more to do than just using special cosmetics. Below you will find a few steps that you should take to start fighting against this problem and eventually win the battle.
Steps to take when you fight with an excessive hair loss
If you lose more than 100 hairs a day, consult a dermatologist or trichologist who will help you find the cause of the problem. Hair loss can be the result of a previous illness, stress, anemia, improper diet, taking certain medications. Systemic diseases that can occur with hair loss include: thyroid disease, diabetes, cancer, as well as diseases of the scalp (psoriasis, mycosis, seborrheic dermatitis). In women after childbirth or during menopause, hair loss can be caused by hormonal disorders.Katarzyna Kebernikr
That is the first step that everyone should take. Making a doctor’s appointment will only help you. If there is nothing wrong with your health, then you have a perfect signal that you should start taking care of your hair with different cosmetics. However, if there is some kind of disease that causes your hair excessive loss – it is better to know and start treating it.
What to eat to have strong hair?
Do you eat fast food and drink hectoliters of coffee, which impedes the absorption of iron and zinc? No wonder your strands have become thin and brittle. The enemy of thick hair is also alcohol, which not only flushes nutrients from the body, but dries the scalp and hair shaft. In addition, it contributes to the crushing of the tips. And how is sugar? Unfortunately, chocolate bars, waffles and colorful sweets affect not only the weight. They are also responsible for faster thinning of the scalp and dandruff.
If you want to have healthy hair from now on on your plate should appear products rich in vitamins and minerals. First of all, oily sea fish, such as herring, mackerel or salmon, which are a good source of omega-3 acids, proteins, amino acids, as well as vitamins: A and D. another component that determines the appearance of our hairstyle is iron-an element that strengthens the structure of the hair. Its deficiency not only means more frequent cleaning of the brush, but also can contribute to the development of anemia. The best source of iron are products of animal origin, which provide so-called Iron. heme iron with an absorption of about 40%. However, if you’re vegan or vegetarian – don’t worry. There are a lot of fruits and vegetables that can help you take care of your hair.
Supplements – do they really help our hair?
Before you reach for dietary supplements, look for vitamins on your plate. Biotin (vitamin H), which is an energy boost for hair growth, can be found in yeast, milk and liver. Very important for the proper functioning of keratinocytes, or cells that build the hair shaft-vitamin B5 is found in the liver, egg yolks and bee products. The condition of our hair, skin and nails is also affected by the vitamins of youth: A, C and E. look for them in green, red and orange vegetables and fruits. And one more thing: replace your daily espresso with tea from field horsetail, a precious source of silicon.
How to style your hair when there is an excessive loss?
If your hair is flying out of your head, then make changes to your daily care as soon as possible! There are different ways of taking care of your hair, however you should definitely follow the steps below.
- Do a scalp peeling once a week to get rid of the dead skin and help your hair absorb more vitamins from the cosmetics you apply afterwards. If you have never tried it, now is the perfect moment. If you want to get your hair back into a perfect condition, peeling of your scalp is essential.
- In the fight against hair loss, it is worth using the home remedies that our grandmothers used. You can apply a mixture of beaten eggs on wet hair or prepare a gel mask from linseed. Equally good effects will bring a scalp massage with the addition of castor oil, which in addition to vitamin E contains fatty acids, stimulating hair growth. If you want to give your scalp and hair an injection of silicon, then use rinses and scrubs from the creak.
- Stress is the most common cause of hair problems. Living under the influence of incessant nerves causes the hair follicles to pass from the stage of development to the state of rest. As a result, they stop growing and their loss increases. How can we counter this? Best of all, find an activity that will allow you to effectively silence the mind. Maybe yoga, meditation or running? Choose whatever makes you happy and relax doing it every single day.
- Protect yourself from the sun. We all love summer, but our hair does not like it. High temperature, harsh sunlight, wind, and during the holiday sea salt and sand-all this adversely affects their condition. If you want to avoid hair loss and stress in the summer, use protective cosmetics with UV filters and wear fashionable hats.
- Use hair products that are free of alcohol. Try to choose hair shampoo and hair conditioner that will hydrate your hair. Only this way you will be able to see a difference.
Now, when you know what to do and how to take care of your hair so you don't lose too many of them, it’s time for you to start the job. It will be quite a long process, but if you take care of your hair regularly, you will see long-lasting results.