Women nowadays pay a huge attention to their makeup, hair and general appearance. It is connected with the ear of Instagram and the fact that we show ourselves every day not only to our relatives. Manicure and pedicure are also very important. Women take care of their nails during the whole year. There are a few types of pedicure to choose from. In this article you’ll find all of the needed information to style your toenails in the best possible way. If you’re interested in this topic, read this article through and find out what to do to have a perfect pedicure without a lot of effort.
To make a professional pedicure you will need a few tools. They are available in many stores online, so there is no problem with buying them. However, it is good to know what to decide for. Look at the list below and make sure you have everything that is necessary to do pedicure on your own:
- Nail polish remover – before you’ll start doing your pedicure you have to get your toenails prepared. The first step is to remove the previous nail polish or anything that’s left on the toenails. That is an important part to make sure your pedicure will be long-lasting.
- Foot salt – after removing the previous nail polish it’s time to take a bath. Of course for your feet. Soak your feet in a warm bath for about 15 minutes. Remember to add foot salt, bath liquid, scented oil or one of the sparkling capsules available in drugstores to a bowl of water. You can also add 15-20 drops of aromatic oil. It doesn’t matter what scent you’ll choose -lavender, eucalyptus, tea tree, mint – the main reason is to make this moment special. Make yourself feel like being at SPA.
- Scrub – the next step is to remove any dead skin from your feet. Give the feet a scrub using ready-made scrubs or mix any shower gel with sugar or salt. Massage thoroughly for a few minutes, then rinse. Your feet will be smooth and nourished.
- Clippers – after the relaxing bath for your feet dry them and cut your nails with clippers. What’s important here – make sure to keep a straight cutting line. Why is it so essential? This won’t let your toenails hurt toes.
- Polishing block and nail file – use this tool to shape your toenails. Round the edges slightly and polish the surface with a polishing block. Remember to do it in one direction - otherwise you will lead to split nails.
- Foot grater – this tool is very useful to remove any corns on your feet. Remember not to remove them with scissors.
- Cuticle remover or wooden stick - use one of them to remove any cuticles around your toenails. This way it’ll be easier to apply nail polish and make your pedicure look perfect.
- Nail base – after you finish preparing your toenails, it’s time to apply polish on them. Choose the color but start the whole process with the base. It will allow your pedicure to stay perfect for a long time.
- Nail polish - When the nail base dries, apply two thin layers of the selected nail polish, waiting each time to dry completely. Get a minimum amount of the product on the brush and quickly wipe the edges if they gel painted.
- Top coat – last but no least. This product will allow you to make sure that your pedicure won’t be destroyed.
After the whole process apply some nourishing foot cream to sooth your feet. The process is quite long, however it’s not difficult. You can easily do it by yourself.
Pedicure at home or at a professional salon?
Going to the professional salon is the easiest possible way of taking care of your toenails. However, if you decide to do this, choose the professional manicurist that is recommended by your friends and family. Remember that one of the priorities here should be a hygienic place and one-use tools. You don’t want to get ill afterwards. The advantage of the professional salon is that there are countless nail polishes, so you can change the color of your pedicure every two weeks. What’s more, you can also ask for a hybrid or gel pedicure which is much more difficult to do at home.
However, the whole process of making pedicure with traditional nail polishes is so simple and relaxing that you can easily do it at home. The only thing is to buy all the necessary tools and a few colors of nail polishes. Then, repeating it every two or three weeks, you’ll become a professional in this field. Yet, nevertheless you are the only person to use the tools, remember to change them every half year to avoid any health issues. What’s more, polishing blocks and nail files are simply getting used off, so it would be nice to remove them and buy new ones. This way the work will be even more pleasant.