Hair is this part of the general appearance of every woman and man that needs to be taken care of to present the best way. Hair is visible all the time, so you cannot hide it under your clothes like a dry skin on your elbows. As we all know, there are different types of hair and different ways to treat it. To prevent it from some dangerous outside factors, there is a huge need of having special knowledge. And not only having it but using them every day during your hair routine. If your hair is dry, this article is for you. Below, you will find all the essential and basic information on how to treat your dry hair and what are some risky factors that you can face every day. In addition, you will find tips connected with moisturizing your hair and doing it in the best possible way.
Risk factors for dry hair
Hair just like skin is constantly in danger from some outside factors. All the pollution, dry air, low or high temperatures cause it to struggle to maintain a perfect condition every day. Some of the risk factors raise your chances of developing dry hair, including:
- Age – older people are more likely to have dry hair, as well as skin, because as you age, your pores naturally produce less oil, raising your risk of dry skin and hair.
- Bathing habits. Hot bath, apart from the fact that it is an extremely pleasant way of relaxing and spending some nice time in the evening, has its drawbacks. Very hot water raises your risk of dry hair. That is why it is so important not to take them too often and apply some moisturizing conditioner afterwards. What’s more, you shouldn’t wash your hair too often.
- Season. This is a factor that doesn’t depend on us. After the fall, comes winter and so on. With changing temperatures and weather conditions there is a huge danger for your skin to dry easily. During the fall and winter months, when humidity levels are relatively low. In the summer, higher levels of humidity help stop your skin from drying out. And if there is no chance of rising a humidity level in your house – remember to moisturize your skin regularly.
How to treat your dry hair? 5 proven ways
As you can see, there are a lot of factors that can hurt your hair if you don’t take care of it in a proper way. Below, you will find 5 proven ways to treat dry hair:
- Avoid shampooing your hair every day. Of course, there is no doubt that sometimes there is no other option, just to wash them day after day. However, if possible and you stay the next day at home, don’t wash your hair. It will make natural oils to be produced and cover your hair with a thin layer. It will moisturize them even without using any cosmetics.
- Condition your hair every time you wash it. Conditioner is must have, especially if your hair is long. This way you’ll make it easier to brush them. What’s more, this way you’ll provide your hair with some vitamins, amino acids and other precious ingredients. However, remember not to apply conditioners on your scalp. The volume is very important, though.
- Use moisturizing styling products. If you have to style your hair after washing them, please bear in mind that the cosmetics that you use should be moisturizing. It happens all the time that some styling products dry hair in an extreme way. Try to avoid them.
- Blow-dry your hair less frequently. If possible let your hair dry naturally. This way there is no chance of drying them, because your hair is not put to the hot air. However, drying your hair naturally in winter is not the best idea. First of all, you can get ill and your hair, in contact with a very cold air, on the contrary, can break easily.
- Avoid flat irons, curling irons, and electric rollers. If your hair is dry, don’t dry them more with these devices. Using them every day may cause serious troubles for your hair to get moisturized again.
As it was mentioned before, one of the best ways to treat your dry hair is to moisturize them. However, you also have to remember a few things to do it effectively. Frist of all, protect your hair from heat and sun exposure and apply the conditioner regularly. Choose the conditioner for dry hair. There are much more moisturizing ingredients than in any others. Start applying the cosmetics from the top to the bottom, however remember not to apply it on your scalp. Only then, even if your hair is thin, it will look amazing, healthy and fresh after washing. Keep the conditioner for at least 5 minutes on your hair, then rinse it with warm water. Afterwards, as the last step, use some cold water for your hair to close hair scales. Start repeating the whole process every time you wash your hair and you will see the difference immediately.