The hair is the crown jewel of a person's unique identity, it represents the overall look and health. Every person has different hair colours, structures, thicknesses, and conditions. Hair colour is genetically inborn, hair colours are different in every race such as red, brunette, blonde, and black. Asians are known to have black hair, while westerners have the rest of other hair colours. Naturally, the hair has its wavy structure, factors may be caused by heat or moisture. Africans have been known for their curls with thick, strong hair. Whether the colour of hair or the type of the hair, there are still factors that would define it over time, like hair discolouration, brittleness, and loss.
Hair thickness is everyone’s dream, as hair baldness would be a total nightmare for some. Hair loss is common to men, but could also happen to women. The hair conditions are linked to family genes, having thin or thick hair matters when it comes to styling and wearing it from day-to-day activity. There are ways to get thicker hair, some hair products might get in the way of having that volume hair everyone is dreaming of. Daily activities might relate to some causes of hair loss, hair thinning is the primary problem that everyone wants to avoid, so following these steps can help individuals to have that thick hair and how to maintain it.
Listed below are the step-by-step guide on how to thicken hair.
- Skip the sulfate shampoos.
- Don't overdo dry shampoo.
- Give your scalp some love.
- Put the heat styling on low.
- Skip the overly restrictive diets.
- Think beyond protein.
- Don't forget vitamin C.
- Consider a supplement.
- Try PRP.
1. Skip the sulfate shampoos.
Added sulfate to shampoos enables these detergents to have that foamy reaction during shampooing. The benefits of this sulfate are to remove the oils and dirt on the hair and scalp, but the takeaway includes dryness of hair and scalp. The nutrients like natural oil prevent it from producing over time during the use of this type of shampoo that has a sulfate ingredient. Healthier alternative shampoos may find none foamy and slimy even after washing, this helps the hair, moisturise, and sheen.
2. Don't overdo dry shampoo.
Shampoos are hair products that remove dirt and grease that is accumulated during the day, climate, weather, and heat of the sun is a factor that contributes to the life of the hair. Washing with shampoos may cause the hair to dry if not added with conditioners or hair treatment. Overusing the shampoo or too much shampoo product can stop the stimulation of the hair's natural hair oil, the hair produces a natural mechanism to prevent drought and blocks UV light that would penetrate hair cuticles. A single application of shampoo is enough for a wash, more the suggested would dry the scalp and hair and would lead to dandruff and other scalp diseases.
3. Give your scalp some love.
The scalp is considered the base ground of the hair, it provides the nutrients that the hair needs. The scalp is responsible for the health and growth of the hair and the origin that factors the thickening and thinning of the Hair. Hair moisturiser is good for the hair as well as the scalp, it prevents the scalp from being beaten up by the heat and dry weather, and the healthy scalp produces healthy and thick hair.
4. Put the heat styling on low.
A hairdryer is commonly used by Women to dry up their hair, too much heat would dry up the scalp and prevent it from producing natural oils and minerals. Heat is also the factor why the hair would start thinning and breakage. To avoid these circumstances, avoid getting the hair and scalp away from too much heat. Set the hair dryer to low and damp with a towel to lessen the hair drying time.
5. Skip the overly restrictive diets.
The exterior parts of the body depend on the nutrition consumed, there are food intakes that are not a good source of nutrition. Especially with the hair, rich minerals like, protein, potassium, and omega-3 fatty acids are known to help the hair's nutrition. Healthy eating not only promotes hair growth, but also reduces the risk of malnutrition, obesity, and other health concerns. Some suggest taking avocado as a source of vitamins A, C, E, and B6 that benefit the hair.
6. Think beyond protein.
Protein is essential to a person's diet, it is the substance that promotes growth and regeneration. The protein helps a person's growth and built, it is one of the top primary nutrients that the body needs. Protein is not only good for the body, but also for the hair, hair follicles are made up of protein. Good protein intake helps the scalp generate thick, strong hair.
7. Don't forget vitamin C.
The lack of vitamin C consumption makes the hair dry as a result of split ends. The intake of vitamin C is not only to prevent acquiring diseases from the surroundings but also to keep the immune system healthy. In relation to hair growth with vitamin C, a healthy scalp produces healthy hair with stronger strands, so it is important to take vitamin C every day.
8. Consider a supplement.
When the need for balance intake is difficult to achieve or may not be enough as eating regular healthy meals, consider taking supplements, that provide all the vitamins in a form of a tablet. Food supplements are designed to infuse each source of vitamins into a capsule, tablets, or soluble powders before or after a meal. Hair growth supplements contain, protein, biotin, vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin C and E, zinc, keratin, and iron.
9. Try PRP.
Platelet-Rich Plasma, or PRP, is a procedure of that re-injects plasma from the own blood that will reverse hair loss and heals cells that are damaged or dead cells. Proper consultation and tests are made in order to pursue this kind of procedure. Though the procedure is safe because it is the owner's blood, it can be allowed to be done even alone and does not need a sophisticated procedure needed.
What to know more about how to get thicker hair?
Thicker hair is prone to breakage, according to scientists, thin hair tends to be stronger. That is not always the case, most breakages are caused by unhealthy dry hair. Heat is the number 1 cause of hair loss, if not properly moisturised, hair will be thinner due to most hair follicles not growing or rather growing slowly.
How to avoid in getting thin hair
Hair is the crowning jewel of a person’s identity, hair provides a sneak peek of an individual’s personality. Hair loss is an important issue because once the hair is lost it might never come back. Preventive measures are ways to avoid these things, the more concern an individual has for their hair, the more it is to prevent loss and damage.
Listed below are 6 ways to stop hair loss.
- Proper Food Diet: Food intake is the number one factor that maintains the health of the body. There is food that doesn’t provide nutrition for the body’s needs, most of it is caused by the dryness of the skin and hair as well. Adding supplements would help gain the necessary vitamins, and the serving suggestion provides all the nutrition that the hair and body needs
- Don’t bleach: Colouring the hair adds character to it and adds to the personality of the person. Most intense colour needs bleaching, and it damages the hair because of its formula. The hair reacts to the chemical solution by losing its pigment along with the fatty acids in each strand, that is why it is now prone to breakage.
- Don’t use a Blower: Using a heat dryer or blower makes the hair weaken due to the change of temperature from cold to hot. The hair including the scalp would absorb the heat that makes the scalp dry and the hair will break or crack. If a hair dryer can be avoided, at least lower the settings or the device.
- Don’t tie Hair: Tying is one of the causes of hair breakage, because of prolonged tying the hair strand is bent for long hours, and every time the hair tie is removed, a hair strand would go with the hair tie.
- Do not shampoo every day: Hairstylists recommend not to use shampoo every day, as long as the hair is not covered with dust and grease. The shampoo makes the hair dry, the scalp generates its natural oil that protects the hair from heat, and dryness.
- Keep away from stress: Stress at work or other stress-causing activity make the human immune system weak, from the tip of the toe up to the hair. Health is essential and would appear on the external parts of the body, hair would drain and look dull as an indicator that something is wrong with the body. Follow these 6 ways to stop hair loss to prevent thinning and unhealthy hair.
What are the best products to thicken hair?
Hair products today promote more using natural ingredients, these are the changes since hair products explodes in popularity as endorsed by the celebrities. Promoting healthy hair is one of the most in-demand hair products because of the different hairstyles that might decrease the life of the hair. If the product used long term sees no improvement over the years, there are 5 best hair thickening products of 2022, that anyone can try, there are budget-friendly products even for the most sensitive skin.
Listed below are the best product to thicken hair.
- Oribe Maximista Thickening Spray: This product is a hair spray that protects hair from UV light, it is used as a styling agent that could last longer than a day, it strengthens the hair while maintaining its hydration. This product is known as the best overall hair spray with a pricey tag of around £31.80 GBP, in most online stores.
- Garnier Mega Full Thickening Lotion: This is the best budget hair-thickening lotion that is also used as a styling agent that would control the frizz, with just a price of around £4.08 GBP.
- Briogeo Blossom & Bloom Ginseng + Biotin Hair Volumizing Spray: The product is a hair spray that provides volume without making the hair look dull. The product contains ginseng and biotin that enables fuller and volumised hair, the price of this product is around £20.38 GBP.
- OGX Thick & Full Biotin & Collagen Shampoo: This is a shampoo product that contain biotin and collagen to regenerate hair and repair scalps. It is included with wheat protein that nourishes the hair and scalp, that promotes hair growth. This shampoo is priced at around £7 GBP in most online stores and drug stores.
- Paul Mitchell Lemon Sage Conditioner: This conditioner helps hydrate the scalp, strengthens the hair, and it is a favourite among stylists as it goes along with hair procedures well, its price is around £18.
What is the best oil product to thicken hair
The oil for hair is the oldest way to treat hair, it is also used to style the hair. In today’s time, there are many oil products that are used to treat hair and scalp defects from the harmful elements and pollution of the surroundings. There are 8 best oils for hair growth and thickness, and it is all-natural oils that have good results.
Listed below are the best oil product to thicken hair.
- Tea Tree Oil: It is a popular ingredient of beauty products in today's time, Tea Tree oil contains antimicrobial and cleansing properties, that help fight germs while maintaining healthy-looking hair. The Avalon Organics scalp treatment tea tree shampoo is best for sensitive scalps, it hydrates, and strengthens the hair, it is a top product for the best natural formula with a price of around £14.68 GBP.
- Rosemary Oil: Is discovered as an essential oil for hair treatment, it is a replacement for the common generic hair treatment called minoxidil, it is not for everyone, especially for those who have sensitive skin. The Gya Labs Rosemary essential oil is an anti-inflammatory substance that will help answer hair loss problems, the product is inexpensive and priced at around £6.19 GBP.
- Almond Oil: Almond oil is one of the essential oils that provide protein for the hair, this product MIELLE ORGANICS mint almond oil is desirable for most curly hair, it soothes itchy dry scalp, while strengthening the hair.
- Amla Oil: Dabur Amla hair oil is an amla oil product that can be used as a hair treatment that penetrates the scalp, and strengthens the hair. The amla oil is native to India and is mostly used as a tonic ingredient with the capability to restore damaged hair, it is priced at around £2.04 GBP.
- Castor Oil: There may be no evidence that castor oil helps hair growth, but the ricinoleic acid locks in moisture to make the scalp healthy and covered from dirt, which is essential for healthy hair growth. There are many castor oil products on the market but Kreyòl Essence Haitian Black Castor Oil has the feature of promoting hair growth, priced at around £14.68 GBP.
- Coconut Oil: Colour Wow Dream Cocktail Coconut-Infused protects the hair from heating devices like flat hair iron and blow-dryers, it retails around £20.38 GBP in drug stores.
- Argan Oil: This is an effective hair repair organic oil that also treats scalps and maintains hair health. The popular argan oil product, the SheaMoisture 100% pure argan oil head-to-toe smoothing is a versatile product that is applied not only for hair but also for skin and nails, it is priced at around £8.15 GBP.
- Olive Oil: It is a know kitchen staple that is also an effective hair growth regimen, the olive oil contains vitamin E, antioxidants and oleic acid. The New Growth No-Lye Hair Relaxer by ORS is an olive oil hair product that is used for re-touching if the hair lost its moisture and shine. The product can be applied directly with instant effect to maintain the look all day, and this is priced at around £5.54 GBP.
Is using natural remedies stimulates hair growth?
Yes, using natural remedies will stimulate hair growth, however, the results may take longer because the body needs time to react to the changes and for the cells to start working and rebuild the hair’s structure. For as long as there are no chemical compounds that are obstructing the natural process, the natural remedy would eventually provide good results. The natural remedy may be good for the health as well because of the natural sources and the effect would not be only for the hair but also for the well-being of the entire system of the body.