Washing your face with oil. Sounds stupid? On the contrary! Today we will tell you about the revolutionary method of caring for the complexion, originating in Asia. Thinking about washing your face with oil, it seems like a very stupid idea. After all, oil clogs pores and will only worsen the situation. Now you can imagine all these imperfections, blackheads and pimples. However, cosmetic oils are perfect cleansing and nutrition for skin.
Oil Cleansing Metod
Let's go back to school time. Do you remember chemistry lessons? One of the lessons was devoted to fats. And it was there that you could find out that fat dissolves fat. And this is how Oil Cleansing Methods (OCM) is built. As you know, facial skin is covered with a layer of sebum. Sebum is a natural lubricant for mammalian skin secreted by the sebaceous glands. It provides softness of the skin and creates a protective antibacterial and antifungal layer on it. Sebum is extremely needed because it not only protects the skin, but also prevents it from drying out. Therefore, it should not be removed.
Strong cleaning agents
Washing agents such as soaps and cleaners clean the face of the sebum layer depriving it of natural protection. They also change the pH of the skin, making it much easier for bacteria to grow on most of the imperfections, for example acne. Skin lacking a natural hydrolipid barrier also begins to dry excessively. Then the sebaceous glands produce more sebum to complete the coating. And so we wind the vicious circle.
pH neutral for the skin
Human skin has a moderately acidic pH, which stays in the 4.5 to 6 area. This allows the creation of an environment that is hostile to bacteria. Soap has a pH of 10. So, as we see, it is definitely too high for our skin. Therefore, we should use face cleansers that have a pH optimal for the skin. The best solution is to use oils. Oil Cleansing Method is based on washing your face with a mixture of natural oils, of which castor oil is an important ingredient. Castor oil has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties. Thanks to which it gently cleanses the skin and maintains the right environment for good bacteria. Castor oil is mixed with base oil and other oils with different properties depending on the type of skin. In this way, we can take care of your skin in a truly unique way.
How to create a mixture for OCM?
We create a mixture of face washing oils depending on the complexion we have and the effect we want to achieve. Generally, it is assumed that the best mixtures have the proportion:
- Dry skin: 10% castor oil + 90% other oils
- Normal skin: 20% castor oil + 80% other oils
- Mixed / oily skin: 50% -70% castor oil, 30% -50% other oils
Then one, two or even several base oils are selected, from which we create a suitable mix. Different oils are recommended for different skin types:
- Dry skin: avocado, coconut, sweet almond, macadamia, olive oil, green coffee, jojoba
- Normal skin: argan, sea buckthorn, baobab, broccoli, sweet almond, apricot kernel oil, plum kernel oil
- Mixed / oily skin: from black cumin, evening primrose, watermelon seed, linseed, hemp, passion fruit, blackberry seed, tomato seed, cucumber seed, elderberry seed, wild rose, pumpkin seed, jojoba, black seed.
Each of these oils also has a different effect, some have soothing effects, others are moisturizing, others antibacterial. Therefore, before we decide on one specific, we must determine what exactly the effect we need.
How to wash your face with Oil Cleansing Metod?
Face washing as part of OCM requires us to create a ritual. First of all, we need: a mixture of oil, cold and hot water and a soft mini towel (e.g. bamboo). Then follow the scheme:
- A portion of the oil mixture is rubbed in our hands and applied to previously moistened face water.
- We massage the face in circular movements, taking into account more problematic places.
- Soak the towel in very warm water (60°C-70°C).
- We apply a face towel (the pores expand in this way) or gently wipe the face with it.
- We wait a few minutes for the towel to cool down and rinse it in warm water.
- Repeat this process two or three more times.
- Then wash the excess oil from the face with a cloth.
- Finally, soak the towel in cold water and wipe the skin thoroughly, closing the pores.
Ready cleaning oils
However, if you do not feel confident in creating your own face wash oils, we can use ready-made solutions. Bielenda camelia oil face wash oil is such a ready solution. The oil is based on a precious ingredient such as camellia oil, also known as tsubaki oil, which is derived from Korean care rituals. It is intended for mature skin. The unique light formula of the oil turns into a delicate foam under the influence of water, thoroughly cleansing and refreshing the epidermis. The oil effectively removes makeup and other dirt. In addition, due to the high content of Omega-9 acids, the skin becomes significantly nourished, toned and moisturized. It also contains vitamins A, B, C and E with very high antioxidant activity. It slows down the aging process of the skin, protecting the skin against free radicals. Retaining moisture in the epidermis, it revitalizes and strengthens the skin. Stimulates the production of new collagen and anti-wrinkle, and supports the processes of natural skin regeneration.