Artificial nails ahs been growing in strength and popularity for at least 10-15 years now. There are a lot of methods that are available on the market now and you can choose from. However, the acrylic nails are the ones that are extremely long-lasting, perfectly smooth and beautiful, that you should think of them. Of course, there are both opponents and supporters of acrylic manicure, however, if done correctly, it is not dangerous for your nails at all. And you can do it by yourself, at home. Yet, you’ll need a special acrylic nail kit to do it well and not to destroy your natural nail. Below, you’ll find the list of products that a perfect acrylic nail kit should contain. So be free to read the whole article through and start doing your own acrylic nails.
Acrylic nail kit – what should it contain?
Acrylic nails need to be made with special product of the best quality. There are a lot of specially prepared acrylic nail kits on the market, however it is good to know what should be inside of them. Below, there is a full list of the elements that are necessary and the ones that are optional. It’s up to you, which additional options you’ll decide for. However don’t renounce the basic products. Sometimes you can think that you don’t need one piece, yet bear in mind that it fits into a puzzle. And if you take it out, the final effect won’t be so effective, long-lasting and healthy for your nails as it should be.
Essential elements of an acrylic nail kit
- Cuticle Pusher – don’t even think of cutting your cuticles, because this way you only let them grow faster. If you once start, you’ll struggle with growing cuticles for a long time. That is why cuticle pusher is so important. Before you start doing your acrylic manicure, you need to prepare not only your nails, but also cuticles. Don’t underestimate this step to make your manicure look fresh and perfect for at least four weeks!
- Nail File & Buffing Block – the second step is to polish your nails. That is as essential as pushing cuticles. Or even more. Without buffing your natural nails no artificial material like acryl or hybrid polish, won’t attach to your nail. That is why in an acrylic nail kit you’ll decide for nail file and buffing block are must have elements. After buffing your nails, remember to make the perfect shape – oval, round, almond, square or any that you like. Make sure the nails aren’t too long at the very beginning, because for the next four weeks you won’t be able to shorten them without destroying your manicure.
- Nail Prep/Dehydrator – with this step you can actually start thinking of getting close to a manicure that you’ve been dreaming of. Don’t miss it!
- Acid Free Nail Primer – primer is a layer that will stop any harmful processes that could happen to your natural nails. In addition it will make all the layers stick to each other. That will make you acrylic nails extremely long-lasting.
- Dappen Dish – this is an element of an acrylic nail kit that in your opinion can be optional, but we can tell you that you’ll see a huge difference without it. So don’t waste your money for an incomplete set.
- Acrylic Nail Brush – like it was mentioned above, nail brush can be treated as something not important. However it is, especially when you are a beginner. With a specially designed brush working with acrylic powder and liquid will be much easier and creating a little masterpiece on your nails will be a piece of cake.
- Lint Free Wipes – yes, there are wipes at your home. You probably use them to remove your make-up daily. However, be aware of the fact that there are a lot of lints in them that you don’t want to be placed on your brand new acrylic manicure. That is why choose lint free wipes and be sure that everything will go smoothly.
- Acrylic Powder as well as acrylic liquid (mentioned above) are the most important products that will allow you to become a professional manicurist for a moment.
- Acrylic Liquid (we recommend Medium Speed or Maximum Adhesion for beginners as you have a slower drying time)
- Top Coat (either Air Dry, Mega Gloss or Matte Top Coat) – as you can see there are different types of top coats. It only depends on the desired effect. However, you need to use it to cover your manicure and make it stay on your nails in an untouched shape.
Optional elements of an acrylic nail kit
As mentioned before, apart from the products that are essential to create a perfect acrylic manicure, there are also the ones that you don’t necessarily need. However, if you have them, your manicure journey will be much easier.
- Nail Tips
- Nail Glue
- Pure Acetone
- Cuticle Oil
- Pinching Tool
- Manicure Brush
If you’re not sure, whether to do acrylic nails at home – the answer is simple. Try your hand and see if it suits you. There are plenty of acrylic nails kits, so you’ll definitely find something suitable for you.